Saturday, June 30, 2007

S.E.X. Hijinks

Friday Ms. Val, Moontear and I took a jaunter out to try and increase our stash supplies. Dulcinbradbury suggested Alfred's in Latham, since it was having an enormouse sale (going out of business?). So directly after work I ran up and grabbed Moontear... She helped me take everything out of my backseat and shove it in the trunk, then we ran down and picked up Ms. Val.

We bounced over to Latham, only to discover Alfred's had closed at 5pm. *cries* Val and Moontear dug through their memory bins to remember good places for yarn. The one Val likes a lot was definitely closed, and the one Moontear suggested was also closed. Val called from her cell instead of wasting the gas to drive out there.

Needless to say, I was border line heartbroken. I wanted to dramatically increase my stash, not buy "just enough".... but without the sales to take advantage of, I had to cope with the "just enough". We headed over to A.C. Moore so I could at least get the yarn for Moontear's scarf... I made her help me pick out the yarn and colors. In the end we decided on Homespun in purple and black. Extremely soft and nicely textured. Let's see if I'm able to pull off the pattern with the yarn. ^_^

I also grabbed another skein to "practice" with. I figured some of the reason I've gotten the urge to get more yarn, is from the fact my practice yarn is just a little too reasonable to make a project with. Soft, black yarn and a unique purple... Definitely too tempting, even if it is difficult to work with.

So I grabbed an enormous skein of Redheart in the most lurid flourescent pink I could find.

I wouldn't make anything for *anyone* -- including my worst enemy -- with this yarn. It's terrifying. (Although Vin did have a good point... a yitty bitty teddy bear, might actually be cute ^_^).

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Don't worry lovely! I have already looked up yarn stored on Ohio. =) We're going to go on a S.E.X I promise!