Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm still alive!

I'm seriously swamped though.

The last crocheting I did was on the trip with Val and Grim -- we went to Origins in Columbus, OH. It was a lot of fun, but packed with stuff to do! So I didn't exactly get a lot accomplished.

I started Moontear's new scarf and frogged it several times before I made up my mind. Now I've got a few rows done and I think I actually like how it's coming out. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I can't do that slip-stitch pattern with the yarn I got.... The texture of the yarn completely counterbalances the pattern, so you can't see it at all. I may frog the scarf one more time and starts again with a smaller hook. I haven't decided yet.

The blanket hasn't really moved at all... it's been too hot to work on anyways.

I've spent the last two weeks working a shitload of OT, attempting to clean, hanging out with P&V and generally being in a wicked bad mood. Things are going better now, and I hope now that thinks are going better, I'll have more time for crocheting!

I'll post pics and update the progress bars when I have a bit more time.

Until then darlin's!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You know I didn't really know what you meant about how hot it is working on projects. I had never broken a sweat in any weather working on knitting so I figured it must be the yarn you were using. Then I picked up my poncho the other night and started working on it. I was sweating balls after a little while! Now I understand what the hell you meant about it being to hot to stitch heavy yarn.